Sunday, January 31, 2016

Valentine's Day Cards

It's been quite a while since I've sat down to make cards, at least six years or so. So late this past summer I threw together a couple and got the bug again. So here are a couple of quick Valentine's Day cards.


The card on the left features C.C. Designs Rose. I love stamps with coordinating dies. I'm horrible at fussy cutting. Absolutely horrible. I made the heart pattern with some hearts from various Lawn Fawn sets I have, distress inks and Spectrum Noir marchers. (Put them away before making note of which ones ☹️)

The card on the right also features a C.C. Designs stamp and die set, Cupid. The purple patterned paper was in my stash, it wasn't quite the right shade so I colored it in with Spectrum Noir markers to match the colors in her dress. The arrow patterned paper is from the Recollections Paddywack paper pad. The heart brads are also Recollection brand. Love stamp was a dollar stamp from Michaels. 

Both images were colored with Spectrum Noir markers. 

So many new techniques for me to try. I can't wait to practice with my new Distress Inks. Oh and to make my first shaker card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment