Saturday, January 14, 2017

First Card In Quite A While

    Anyone else like me, after watching all these amazing YouTube videos and reading all the amazing blogs, I all to often fall into the mindset that I can't do that I don't have the right stuff. I talk myself out of even trying. So today, I decided to tackle a shaker card, using only things I have on hand.

 
Perfect? No. But it was a joy to make. To get in here, come up with an idea and make a magical mess creating it. And I'm sure the friend receiving it this week will love it.
 
I grabbed my stamps, inks, and some headphones and went to town. I used colors I thought would make the recipient smile: worn lipstick, scattered straw, shaded lilac and salty ocean.
 
I used quite a bit of supplies to make it. I'll list them below and try to include some links to where you can find these items. The important part is to remember we can always be creative with what we have if we stop doubting ourselves and go for it.
 
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Year Four Stamp and Die Sets
Lawn Fawn Lets Polka in the Meadow Paper Pack
Mama Elephant Border Die
Mini Distress Inks/Blending Tool
Fiskars Circle Punch
Spectrum Niors
Exacto Knife
ScorePal
Darice Puffy Clouds Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug
 
Downside: now I have to go clean up the mess I made.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out really cute! I think the projects where you get creative with what you have on hand are usually the most fun.

    ReplyDelete