Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Valentines Day Pt 1

Our Decor    


Valentine’s Day is a big deal in our house. We started dating on Valentine's Day in 2016. Last year we celebrated with a bonfire and wine. This year we’ve been in our home long enough to actually have time to decorate.

I must admit I had not thought that much about what to put above the mantel for Valentine’s Day; I just took down my Christmas decorations a week or so ago. Then Facebook happened. Right there on my newsfeed there was video by Better Life Blog, showing a version of the Loads of Love sign pictured above along with instructions on how to make it.

 We’ve (Skull and I) done lots of signs but never with this method. We had to try it. Okay I had to try it. Quick trip to Michaels for some chalk paint and a wooden plaque. Armed with my new goodies and the cricut waiting at home I quickly ordered  the svg from Better Life Blog’s Etsy shop and we set to work.
Loads of Love Svg by Better Life Blog
 Things sort of snowballed from there. We made another one (pictured above) for my sister. Using the exact svg from the shop. The one for our home we tweaked the pattern slightly.

 While in Michaels picking up the plaque to make my sister we found the wooden hearts. We picked up two and used two more svgs from the bundle to round off our mantel.

Below is the link to the Esty Shop

Better Life Blog Etsy Shop

1 comment: